Saturday 8 June 2013

It just shows!

I was dreading having to tell my new housemates that I have Epilepsy and I mean DREADING it. It's different from telling someone in everyday life that you won't be spending a lot of time with. I felt like saying yes you want to live in this house but actually it comes with baggage!

On the various times we have met now to finalise tenancy details etc we've been gradually getting to know each other and there have been a few times where I've managed to sneak the fact I have seizures into the conversation. It feels good to have it out there and they are in the know at least. I will have to sit down with everyone properly together though when they all move in to discuss exactly what happens and the different situations that arise. It's only fair for them to be prepared! 

As it turns out one housemate used to suffer from seizures when she was younger and the same for her daughter. So it just goes to show just how common this condition is!

No comments:

Post a Comment