Saturday 9 March 2013

A day in bed, at work.

I went to work the other day only to spend the day down in the medical centre hanging out completely out of it with the nurses.

While I was on the bus on the way I remember getting a phone call from one of the people I work with asking for a catch up on things so I told him I was about 5 mins away as it happened and I'd meet him in his office. I remember walking into his office and putting a camera case down next to a shelf and him asking if I wanted any water and then bam nothing after that. Next thing I know is I'm sitting with a nurse on the bed in sick bay feeling rather fuzzy. My forehead was buzzing and my right arm felt like a piece of lead. She told me I was "away with the fairies for a while" and she could see me coming and going in and out of focus. We'd had full blown conversations about gibberish but she'd kept me talking to focus. I reckon having someone talk me through seizures might help in some way,  maybe I can keep myself more conscious or something? I'll have to have more of a think on that one. Apparently after this I slept flat out for hours after while they kept popping their heads around the corner to check I was alright. 

I really should learn to get used to this but it always comes as a surprise. It's the most bizarre thing just zoning back into the world in a completely different place, it doesn't scare me as much as it used to though, especially when I recognise the person/people with me. 

Ah well it's something I'll have to get used to, I'm very lucky the seizures didn't start on the bus.. or maybe they did... who knows!

Well what can I say the nurses are lovely, the bed is comfy and the tea is very good. I just don't want to be making a habit of it, I have a job to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment