Thursday 14 March 2013

Time travel

I can't believe how much time is flying at the moment. Each day passes so quickly I'm struggling to keep up with the world at the moment!

Currently I'm sitting in the canteen at the university where I work waiting for a meeting to finish. The meeting is being held in the room where my all my work stuff is, I need to get my notebook etc from in there to look up what I need to research. I'll check back again once I've finished the mocha I grabbed before I sat down and began my people watching (in a non creepy way...) actually it makes me remember all the things my course mates and I got up to when we studied here :)

I'm off on a little jaunt this weekend. My grandma and I have decided to go on holiday together this year, so we're meeting up at my dads for the weekend to start planning it! We are so similar in our ways my nan and I, from the food we favour to our opinions on all things life. The main love we share though is the need to travel. Since being diagnosed with Epilepsy apart from a 3 day trip to Paris while at uni, travelling abroad has been well and truly out of the question. Mainly because of the cost of travel insurance, it usually costs more than the holiday itself. I can't wait any longer though and have decided that I am just going to live my life as I want to travelling wise and seeing the world is a priority. So anyway we are going to explore somewhere in Europe together. We haven't chosen a particular place yet though which is reason for out meet up this weekend. She is bringing all her many travel books over and I plan on spending a lot of time pouring over them to decide on where exactly to go. In the past I have travelled to many countries in Europe particularly in the East when I spent a month with 2 friends and our backpacks. We went to the more unusual countries to visit. I have never been to more popular countries such as Spain or Italy... so maybe this is the time! I LOVE  a good dose of culture and absolutely CANNOT wait to absorb as much of it as I can. I've been saving my pennies as the months pass and will keep doing so until we go, which will most probably be in September or around then at least.

Well I'd best go and see if I can get to my notebook and finish work before I head home to pack and catch the train up North! 

1 comment: