Sunday 31 March 2013

Birmingham and the 'in-car' seizure

It's my friends Asian wedding coming up so all my housemates and I took a trip from Cardiff up to Birmingham to find new outfits for the wedding and Mehndi party. Of course we hit the infamous Soho and Stratford roads in Birmingham famous for their Asian shops, food and atmosphere. It was a totally new experience for me with so many jewels and colours and I LOVED it!!








We spent two days there walking around countless shops pouring over outfit after outfit, stuffing ourselves with delicious food and generally having a good laugh :) Safe to say we all had a lovely time. 

Oh and we went to the most amazingly furnished and decorated restaurant I have ever seen. It's called the Mughal-E-Azam and is inside a renovated chapel.. it really was stunning along with the food!








To top off all the fun and excitement I went and had a seizure whilst squished into the car with everyone and everything. I remember we travelling along the motorway and I started to feel really hot so I took my coat off but then I felt really woozy. The next thing I know we're in the car parked on the side of the road with the windows open and trying to find my rescue meds and being talked to. Apparently I managed to get my coat off, said I felt weird then fainted which then swiftly lead into a 4 minute Tonic-Clonic. I came around confused then slept for ages while we apparently got really lost on the country roads after pulling off the motorway to stop the car and sort me out... sorry girls! I figure a mixture of tiredness, fighting against the cold, the travel and drinking sugary coffee to keep going were the triggers for that one.. At least it was in a car full of medics!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment