Sunday 15 January 2012

Look back in order to look forward.

I've written a surprising amount of my dissertation today :D Need to give my brain a rest from thinking too hard now though and well I'm a bit bored so I thought I would write on here instead. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately mostly general life stuff but particularly that I really need to find a way to de-stress. I really do think that plays a big part in being so tired almost constantly!

I've been super lucky in everything that I have got to experience over the years. Everything from gaining my scuba diving licence beginning in England and finishing in the beautiful red sea in Egypt, to kayaking qualifications and travelling to some incredible areas of the world and white water rafting down a glacial river in the stunning French Alps.  

I used to practise Tae Kwon-do and LOVED every second of it. It is such an amazing sport to really engage your mind and focus on releasing energy in an incredibly positive way. You can do as much or a little as you can manage and using varying levels of physical energy. Unfortunately I hurt my wrists to the point I would finish a session with them aching and throbbing so much I could have cried. That and I ran out of money as I was still only young and paying for that amongst other things on a part time job wage whilst still at college. I still have my belts and suit and will keep them forever as they mean a lot. Maybe I should look into a martial art that focuses more on the mental side of the art and just the legs physically. I always did a surprisingly powerful kick especially for how small a build I have! *Researches Kickboxing*

I also used to horse ride until I had one to many accidents when I was fourteen. I do love being in the presence of horses especially at my mums as they are so calm and have the most beautiful of aura's, but they really do scare me. I have a 'thing' with animals, my mum is forever saying she is surprised I never became a vet, I seem to have a connection animals. Maybe I should go and volunteer in a rescue centre or something.. I'm not sure I could handle seeing an animal having been through a cruel time. But then again it's all about nursing them back to health and giving them the care they missed out on and deserve is't it..

Like I said I have been extremely lucky to experience all that I have in my life so far and all this before receiving my diagnosis of Epilepsy. I've decided that once I have gained my degree I will carry on working towards and gaining some amazing experiences. 

Anyway back to ways of de-stressing I have ALWAYS been a water baby and absolutely LOVE swimming I should really try and go more.

We'll see what happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment