Friday 27 January 2012

Drama!


Well I was doing really rather good seizure wise for a while :) Neither my friends or I had noticed any for maybe about a week?!? 

Then there was a bus crash just up the road from where I live. I left my house to walk up to the university for a tutorial to find a bus precariously bumped up the curb outside the house with most of the side windows smashed up. There were no cars around and I saw the driver walking up the middle of the bus so obviously shouted across the road to ask if he was ok and he told me he was and the police where on the way. Literally as he told me they pulled up so I carried on walking up the hill wondering how on earth it had got into that state with no other cars or any obvious signs of damage around. I soon found out though... further up the hill there is a horribly tight corner for a fast and sometimes very busy road and shoved to the side just around the corner was a huge lorry. There was glass and debris all over the place and cars soon started backing up and trying to pass through. A police car had just arrived but with only the one officer and parked on the wrong side of the hidden stationary lorry. I didn't even think twice about walking back around the corner to slow any approaching cars down and stop them as there is no way they would be able to see the accident literally RIGHT around the corner and as I said it's a fast road!! The policeman yelled for me to keep warning the cars of the danger until they could get the lorry moved away from the scene as given that he was the only one there at that moment there was no one else to help. Eventually they managed to move the lorry further down the road so it was in plain sight of any drivers and the traffic could start to move slowly again once they had swept the road thanks to a neighbouring house and his sweeping brush! 

Basically what had happened is both the lorry and the bus hit the corner at the same time and there just wasn't enough room for both the long vehicles to take the turn which resulted in the lorries wing mirror to smash into the buses side windows and drag along the side of it ripping them to pieces. Crazy stuff. Thankfully and very luckily no one was hurt. Needless to say the adrenaline was most definitely pumping!! 

So after all this occurred I finally got to university and was still able to see have a meeting about my dissertation. Which was going well until I went from talking about something I was discussing in my dissertation to tuning into my tutor trying to get my attention. Yep an absence. I was sooo annoyed but not really surprised. 

Any who I did manage to gets lots of work done today which is fab! Still plenty more to do though!


No comments:

Post a Comment