Thursday 16 May 2013

The job review :(

Wednesday in the office I had a seizure fell backwards and banged the back of my head on something. I don't remember a thing from earlier that day apart from the nurse waking me up 5 hours later after sleeping it off in the medical centre. We had to fill out an accident form which I didn't think much of  until today when the nurse phoned me on my way home. She told me that occupational health had phoned her to go over what happened and they want to speak to me. Long story short, tomorrow morning my job is being reviewed because of my "situation" :( 

This lovely piece of information came literally hours after finding out that one of the internship programs that I am part of is being extended. I would do ANYTHING to be the person they choose but with this slight issue I have that awful feeling I'll be out of the running. 

Now I like to think of myself as a positive person but this stuff is REALLY getting me down. 

Only time will tell I suppose. 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really horrible for you right now and sometimes its so bloody difficult being positive but try, they could mean they are going to review it and try and adapt it to make it easier for you. I know when I went for a job and I told them I had epilepsy, I felt like I was apologising for it. When their reaction over the phone was "hmm," I felt so dejected and angry with E, I had to write a letter about everything, and then they turned round and said its fine we just wanted to know. But it made me cross because for jobs it is so tough anyway without this added barrier! It is so wrong that anyone should base their decision on something that is completely out of your control. You could have one seizure in a year or six, they don't discriminate against smokers needing constant breaks! If they do then they are so so wrong. I'm sure they will see straight past all of this and see the value of the work you have done and base a rational decision on that. Good luck and stay strong.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be worth trying to get a hold of today's Times (20/5/13) as it has a useful article on working and disability.

    ReplyDelete