Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Rush

This week mainly involves running around the city photographing installations and completing mini projects for a huge photography festival that opens tomorrow here in Cardiff called Diffusion. It's going to be amazing, one venue in particular that I visited yesterday to take some installation shots is incredible and suits the work inside down to the ground. I'm enjoying the rush of it all in both the energising artiness way and the meeting of tight deadlines for the festival at work. 

I'm finding it hard to keep up a little with it all though and I seem to be constantly having to ask questions which is annoying me and I'm just hoping it's not annoying the guy I'm working on a project for one particular artist Structures of Feeling - Geoff Charles with too much..  Even little things like copying captions written in Welsh from one piece of paper onto a document on my laptop for one of the installations seems so difficult. I don't think that's entirely my brain though but a mixture of rapid deadlines, not being entirely sure what the end product will look like and tiredness. 

I love being a part of all the buzz though even if it is beyond tiring. The hours I have been and will be working this week are long... which of course means a huge risk of increase in seizures. BUT must stay positive and take in all the happy proactive arty vibes that are all around! Looking forward to getting all the work done and attending the opening.

An early night tonight is definitely needed first though!

No comments:

Post a Comment