Friday 26 April 2013

A New Seizure Type?

So work yesterday was interesting...

The afternoon was spent with me in sick bay being watched over by one of the nurses. I really need to learn to listen to my body and trust my instincts. I'd been feeling ok during the morning but told my housemate before I left for work that I kept getting a quick but intense tingling feeling in my forehead. To be honest I didn't think that much of it because it wasn't the usual feeling I get as the warning that rarely comes before a seizure. I went to work anyway felt fine on the journey there and for a little while while I was searching the library for some documents but when I took said documents up to my office I began to get the same feelings back again more frequently than during the morning. No one else was around at the time so I figured it would be a good idea to go and visit the nurse and ask her to sit with me for five minutes to see if I was actually doing anything when this intense feeling hit. It turns out I was. She was sat next to me on the bed and as I felt the feeling hit me I told her and bam next thing I know she's holding me up so I didn't fall forward onto her. It was very quick and as if I lost all the strength to hold myself up for about a second or two. It's a good job it didn't hit any time I was standing as I reckon I would been on the floor! 

I don't no where this has come from or why but I think if it happens again I need to try and catch it on video for future reference. These "events: carried on for about half an hour after taking my rescue medicine Clobazam. I lay down and snoozed on and off in the medical centre for a couple of hours with the nurse checking in on me. There was no way that I could get home as usual on the bus so I had to call and ask a friend to come all the way over to my workplace to pick me up and give me a lift home. Thank  goodness I have amazing people in my life! The usual constant tingely numb feeling crept in after a while and I automatically feel really agitated and edgy when this happens because I'm waiting for a big seizure to take place so another dose of Clobazam was in order I can take a maximum of two doses in one day if needed. This did the trick thankfully and knocked the fuzziness out of my system and sent any other seizures packing. Phew!

I'm hoping this is a one off because I really don't think I can cope with another seizure type. These ones are hard enough to control. I'll just have to see if it happens again!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no Jade, this sounds awful. I hope you're feeling okay now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok today Thank you :) just hoping they don't show their face again! xxx

      Delete