Tuesday 16 April 2013

Epilepsy, the media and I

It amazing how powerful the media is. Being involved in campaigns like the "everyone knows someone" campaign with Young Epilepsy etc in aid of awareness for Epilepsy via the media is an amazing experience to go through! In one day alone I appeared on the national TV (here's a clip from my interview on ITV's Daybreak) and talked on BBC radio, I still can't quite believe it. I wrote a post on the experience. 

Since then various other articles have come up with little interviews and stories along with my face pictured with it, and in all honestly I love it! I like to think that I'm doing that little something to help spread the word about Epilepsy to the outside world... every little helps right?

One day over Facebook a friend of mine messaged me saying she'd just seen another article  on CLIC's website which included me also. It's funny not knowing about these things, finding out looking it up and seeing my photo staring back at me! 

The University of Wales, Newport where I studied and now work also picked up on the news (thanks to an old tutor of mine who was there through Epilepsy's unexpected and truly unwelcome entry into my life) and wrote up a story about my experience. They sent out a bulletin article to all staff... how exciting!!! I'm surprised how many people I happen to have to talk to in my job and they bring it up along with a story of how they are some how related to the topic of Epilepsy. The other day I found out it has also been printed in their printed graduate magazine they send out to Alumni, friends of the university and anyone else who is interested.

One last one that I found out about yesterday by someone in a Facebook groups seeing a post of mine and commenting to see if I was the Jade they had seen in another article... turns out it was.. I had no idea! All Together Now Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment