Thursday 25 April 2013

Positive catch-up

I took a day off work yesterday to try and catch up on some rest it was definitely needed as I've slept most of the day. It's been a very hectic few weeks and one of my beautiful housemates left home for good on Tuesday night :( very sad times so I thought I'd write a positive post about all the good things that have been happening recently with a few piccies here and there. This house has been transformed over and over again into whatever party was coming up next. In one weekend it was decorated for a 10th birthday party one night followed by a Henna party the next night, make up and wardrobe for lots of people the next day followed by another day very similar the next. With friends and family staying and accommodating both along with videographers, photographers and make-up artists!

A few weekends ago one of my closest friends got married. I still can't quite believe it I mean she's my age it's seems so surreal and another true sign that we are all growing up and supposed to be adults!! Saturday was a beautiful traditional quiet white wedding in the registry office of City Hall that was followed with an Asian reception with hundreds of people, colours and shining jewels on the Sunday also in City Hall although this time in a HUGE room. People from all over Britain came to join in the celebrations including close friends and family which was lovely.

Her Mehndi was the weekend before which involved a big party in a community hall here that we all decorated out which lots of colourful fabrics, hand decorated jars and a stunning stage was set up to greet the bride to be. It was a fun night with lots of dancing and delicious food to be had.




This last weekend has been just as exciting too. It was a housemates birthday last Thursday so we gathered friends and went out for a nice meal Friday night to celebrate. It was also her last weekend in the house so we tried to fit as many "traditional" house activities that have become the norm for us as usual. From eating in regular haunts to playing sharads and singing and dancing along like crazy fools to old school classics in the evenings (but shush not many people know about that...) Saturday the sun was shining so we went on a little adventure to a local place to here known as... Barry Island!! It was such a lovely day spent walking along the beach, lazing around on the sea cliffs in the sun, stuffing ourselves with chips and ice cream followed by an epic round of crazy golf and hitting the 2p slot machines on the sea edge. I also got a sweeping glance at the world of driving again with a go in the bumper cars at the fair!

Sunday... I woke up to find a note on my door explaining that Sunday was to be renamed as my "fake birthday" day. Basically, nearly all of my housemates will have left by the time my birthday rolls around next month so they had decided to throw me a day of celebrations a month early so we could all be together for it! How CUTE is that?!?! It really was a lovely day :) we went to see the film Oblivion at the cinema followed by a huge burger at Gourmet Burger Kitchen (NOM.) then went bowling which I haven't done in YEARS and was so much fun!

I received some really lovely gifts too from a gorgeous bag (which is know officially my favourite handbag) some beautiful vases that quickly became useful for the fresh flowers I was given (that I absolutely adore at all times!) along with cosy socks and slippers and lots of cute little presents like candles and pretty notebooks. I even have my very own pair of theatre scrubs... can you tell I've been living with doctors for a year?! LOVE.










I'm REALLY going to miss this lot!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment