Sunday 25 November 2012

The seizure, the faint and the uncontrollable shakes..

I had a tonic-clonic seizure yesterday morning. I managed to hit both the front and back of my head in the process, I assume I bounced from one of my bookcases to a storage chest I have on the floor. So that was a brilliant start to the weekend... and it didn't stop there! 

All I remember is putting my moisturiser bottle back on the shelf and boom next thing I know I'm lying the floor. After I'd fully gained consciousness again I picked myself up and wobbled over to Amrit's  room and told her what had happened and that I'd banged my head. I really didn't want to be alone at that point. For some strange reason I was carrying a towel with me... (I must have been so confused, no idea why I had it with me...) I lay with her for a while and chatted then Heather came up to see what all the fuss was about. I went back to bed for a while but I started feeling very odd, it's like a sort of fizzy feeling all over your body similar to pin and needles but more subtle. I don't often get warning but when I do the fizzing usually a sign of another seizure so I took some rescue meds to try and stop it from happening and luckily with worked. Afterwards most of the day was spent snoozing on Heathers bed so she could keep an eye on me while she did some uni work. I felt pretty fuzzy with the various drugs floating around my system so a cosy bed and seizure pillow was probably the safest place to be!

Later on in the day I felt better and three of us were in the bathroom trying to fix the shower hose (as you do) I was happily holding back the shower curtain while they were fiddling with the tap when I suddenly felt very light headed. I knew I was about to drop to the floor so I just blurted out I was going to pass out and Heather turned around and said yes I was (apparently she could tell by the look and colour of my face) and grabbed me. Thankfully with her help I got to the floor without hitting anything. Fainting feels so strange! My eyes went all funny, sort of blurred and spotty vision, I couldn't hear them for a tiny while then I could hear hissing. After lying there for a while I felt better again got up and ate a little sandwich made for me then repeated the morning in terms of snoozing away in my housemates bed. By the time it was evening I felt a million times better and went out for a birthday meal. 

At 6am this morning though I woke up feeling TERRIBLE and shaking so much I could not keep still. It was as if I was stood in the middle of a snow storm in summer clothing, yet I was neither to hot nor to cold. Very strange, I also felt unbelievably sick. I managed to get to the bathroom to get some water and bring it back but I was all over the place and practically threw myself back on my bed to lie down. I text my Heather to tell her I felt awful, I wasn't expecting her to be awake, it was more of a - this happened at this time so when you wake up can you come and check on me - kind of text. But luckily she happened to be awake when I sent it and she came upstairs and into my room to see me. I told her I felt awful and how much I was shaking which she could plainly see! After fetching a towel in case I was sick (lovely) and helping me to drink some more water she lay down next to me and we watched a TV show to try and distract me from feeling horrible as I was REALLY restless too, I could barely control my self. Eventually we both fell asleep and woke up again at 11!! That's the longest I've slept in for ages! The rest of today was spent resting although we took a trip to Asda to do a little bit of food shopping... I such a craving for sugar I ended up buying a few items of the very unhealthy kind that would never usually end up in my shopping basket but I figure I deserve it, at least that's what I'm telling myself.. 

All in all apart from a stiff neck and bruises settling in I'm not in to bad a shape :) Just need to catch up on some sleep (I fell asleep whilst watching a film earlier) but that just requires a early night. Hopefully I won't have any rude awakening of the Epilepsy kind! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your horrible seizure-y day. I really hope things improve soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, Sunday evening onwards I was back to my usual self :) x

      Delete
  2. That's good news. I'm really glad things got better :) x

    ReplyDelete