Sunday 16 September 2012

Emergency supply of meds/sleep.

Well yesterday was interesting...

Friday night I was busy filling up my tablet reminder box and noticed that I had forgotten to ask for my next supply of 250mg Keppra tablets. I've never had to ask for them before as this was the first time I had run out since the hospital increased my dose last time I was admitted. I only had enough to last until this morning (Sunday) so had to find a pharmacy that would supply my some to tide me over until next Wednesday as I'm off to my mums. Now there were a couple of problems... One being that, because I have never had to ask for them since being in hospital, I didn't have a repeat prescription and Two being that my usual pharmacy doesn't open on a Saturday. This meant that I had to find a pharmacy that would take me on as an emergency patient and without any sort of prescription. IT TOOK FOREVER. All I had was the old box the pills came in from the hospital with my details on. Four pharmacies after my first attempt I fell upon the golden 250mg Keppra tablets, but now I had another problem... It taken me so long and I had had to walk a long way whilst in a lot of stress... so now I was exhausted. It would have seemed like nothing to some people but it just took every ounce of energy away from me. While waiting for the pharmacist to come and see me, which thankfully didn't take long as it was very quite, I felt like all my pills had taken effect all at once and could feel my energy just seeping away. Once we were in the consultation room I explained my situation and to my relief she said she could help me out and knew that they had the tablets in stock. So she left the room to go and prepare my medicine and input my details onto the system etc. The next thing I know I'm being woken up by a strange woman in a room I didn't recognise, my sleepy confusion soon cleared though and I realised it was the pharmacist and I was slumped over the little table in the consultation room! I could not believe I had actually fallen sounds asleep... after I'd properly woken up she explained that she had come back with my meds but found me asleep so left me for another 20 minutes! 

That nap made such a huge difference though as well as the relief I finally had my supply of Keppra up to date. So now I can hop on the train in the morning up to my mums and chill out on the farm for a little while and I even get to one of my rarely seen sisters for a few days too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment