Wednesday 12 September 2012

Officially a Graduate.

It finally happened. Four years after starting university I have dressed in my mortarboard and gown, walked across the stage and doffed my cap.

After being diagnosed with Epilepsy just a couple of weeks after starting my third and final year of my degree I have to be honest and say there were certainly times where I never thought it would happen. This was especially true when I had to suspend my studies over half way through my final year because things got so bad there was no way I could carry on studying. After restarting my final year in September and despite it being VERY hard a lot of the time with an unbelievable amount of support that I am truly thankful for, I can officially say I am a Graduate.  It's the biggest sense of accomplishment I've ever felt and it feels amazing. 

Now excuse the posy photographs it's not my usual thing but I wanted to make the very most of my day!






It really was a lovely day and the best thing was being able to spend it with my friends and family. A friend who I studied with originally and who graduated last year travelled a long way to be there, even brought her mortar board so we could wear them together as originally intended! 



No comments:

Post a Comment