Thursday 11 August 2011

Explaining to do :/

Ok so I have some explaining to do... After an awful day of being very very upset and agitated I went into cleaning mode to take my mind off the mornings events. I had a small...ish seizure whilst ironing which resulted in me dropping the iron onto the less than a year old carpet :/ woops. So now there is rather obvious iron mark  where it landed and melted in. Bugger. That's going to take some explaining when the landlord sees it. 

Guess that's an end to my time seizure free. Again. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry :( I hate when things like that happen. I'm constantly breaking and dropping things because I don't have full control over my motor functions most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you, Jade. I've been through nearly identical things, especially during the great and frequent transitions between medications, the increase of doses, etc. The chaos will wane, but while it's present it often becomes hard to deal with. The on-and-off weeks of seizure-free success can become rather disheartening.

    On the bright side, you're moving right along. It makes me smile to hear how much courage you have. As hard as it can be, you're clearly not letting this get you down -- a difficult task, especially for people our age. Progress is there; you've improved by leaps and bounds since I first started reading this blog, and that's quite remarkable. There's a big group of folks who are stuck in a rut with no access to the right medicines or medical advice. Since you've been moving along and you've been helped by your medical professionals, be proud! Take even more PRIDE that even though you're epileptic, you're living your life the way YOU want to rather than allowing seizures to dictate your every move. All of us can grow through and past this, it's a matter of time and preseverance.

    If you're ever at a loss for information or inspiration, contact me if you'd like. I've been through hell and back with this disorder and somehow I'm still in one piece. Blessings upon you in the coming days and weeks!

    ReplyDelete