Sunday 20 October 2013

Waiting.

Waiting is one of those things you really have to get used to whilst playing this medical condition game. Nothing is instant and time passes at a crawling pace. 

I'm waiting to start a new medicine at the moment but I have to wait for the report from my last appointment with my neurologist to come through the post. Once it has got through to me it means it will have gotten to my general doctor who I will then be able to make an appointment with and he can write me up the prescription. I feel like a child waiting for Christmas each morning I hope that the letter will drop through the door in the post but so far it hasn't and my heart drops every time I pick up the pile to find it isn't there. I can't complain though because we are unbelievably lucky to have the NHS but I can't help feeling disappointed. It would be easier on the heart if there was at least a date to expect it but there's nothing it's just the hope it will come and then I can start the new medicine and begin a new session of hope that it will work or at least help a little with my seizures. Anything is better than nothing.

Ok selfish, whiney post over! Stay well! 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you have to wait so long! In the US, we have private healthcare (for those fortunate enough to have it through employers-like me- or are able to afford buying it) so everything is instant- literally within a couple hours. I don't know if you have heard that we are transitioning to something a bit like the NHS and I am wary of the outcome.

    I can't imagine the frustration you feel.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NHS has its fair share of pros and cons... Financially it's invaluable for people with low and average incomes but it's very hard on a person emotionally because of what is available on it and what isn't treatment and medication wise and of course the long waits and uncertainty. Hope you're alright x

      Delete