Friday 18 October 2013

One Big Decision

At the moment I'm stuck in a tangled web of pros and cons when it comes to decision making.

I'm trying to decide whether to stay living where I am at the moment or move back to my place of birth close to my dads half of my family at the opposite end of the country, North Wales.

It's taking over my thoughts almost entirely at the moment. Since my previous housemates left this house it just doesn't feel like the home I used to know and it's really been getting me down.

At the moment I'm telling myself it is going to happen and I will definitely be moving. I'm hoping to initially move in with my family while I find somewhere less rural for myself to live whilst still staying close to people I already know up there. Now the question is do I move as soon as possible or wait until the end of tenancy in June next year?

It will be a big culture shock despite being used to the ways of the countryside. I grew up there spending 12 years living in the valley. From the age of 12 though I have lived in a various places far less rural since, I'm 24 now so I will be returning to my birthplace after having spent half of my life away.




Medically it could be complicated in moving my care up to the local health board. I was originally diagnosed at a hospital under that health board but on transferring to a health board down here where I went to university I was lost in the system and it was a really frightening time. I was newly diagnosed given a prescription of mind and body altering medication, seizing left, right and centre and completely on my own without any medical care. It took me months of complaining to a GP before they finally took notice of me and thought to check the referral list that they low and behold found I was even on! I refuse to go through that again.

Best keep thinking long and hard and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment