Wednesday 21 March 2012

Count down to Neuro App..

Yet another nightmare last night. In it I was trying to get to the end of a hospital corridor but my balance was so bad I could hardly walk forward :/ NOT nice. It felt so incredibly real though!

My nightmare's are probably down to the fact I'm seeing my neurology team in less than a week. I'm nervous and if I'm honest a little scared. Since I saw them a few months ago a lot has happened and as well as being in hospital, medicines not working and plenty more worrying. This is the first time I will have spoken to them in person about my change in diagnosis which has gone from generalised epilepsy with no cause, to them now believing there is indeed some form of damage in my frontal lobe which is causing my seizures.

I need to make sure I have a list of questions to ask before I get to the hospital. I ALWAYS forget to ask certain things when I see them so this time to make sure I get all the possible answers I can I am going well and truly prepared!! I suppose it's a mixture of terrible memory, nerves and the pressure of the situation itself as lets face you barely get any time with them and with so much to get through it's like performing a presentation to examiners or something! They don't mean it to in anyway but I find it all very intimidating... mostly the idea of people discussing my most vulnerable moments makes me very uncomfortable... But hey it's all for the best.

A friend of mine that stayed in the hospital with me when I was admitted last month is coming along  to the appointment as she witnessed seizures and can help me explain exactly what happened/happens plus help absorb what gets spoken about and help me remember it all :) I'm so thankful to her :) I'm off to meet with her over the weekend for a catch up which I really can't wait for too :D

Best start that list and then leave it by my bed to note things down on as for some reason when I'm trying to sleep or just having woken up is when these things pop to mind! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweets, I am hoping and praying for you and the answers you need! Be positive! Brilliant to write down notes!

    ReplyDelete