Sunday 5 April 2015

Young Epilepsy Champions Awards 2015

Well I've finally got around to posting this in amongst the business of life, visiting family, St John duties and seizures of course! 

During the evening on March 26th 2015 London's City Hall played host to the Young Epilepsy Champions Awards. I was delighted to receive an invite to this years ceremony due to this very blog. Before I knew it I was hopping on a train down to London ready for an extraordinary night.


This years event was an amazingly inspirational night where some of Britain's most inspiring individuals where recognised for their efforts in the fight to raise much needed awareness of Epilepsy.

Guests amongst many others included athlete Dai Greene and footballer Leon Legge both of whom have suffered with seizures themselves and despite battling Epilepsy have become incredibly successful. Always great to know!

 Just look at that view!

It was a brilliant night which I thoroughly enjoyed and I want to thank Young Epilepsy and everyone involved for their continued support towards the Epilepsy community. It's events like this that bring us together in our fight and allow us to truly know we're not alone. 




*Here* are this years awards winners in the various categories. Well done to you all you truly deserve it! 

I was lucky enough to bump into one of the most inspirational people in my life. The founder of the charity Epilepsy Sucks UK  Sallieanne Gould. I first met Sallieanne at the awards in 2013 where she swept the stage gaining multiple awards for her work for Epilepsy Sucks UK and Epilepsy. Long before this though I had gotten to know her online in a support group ran buy the charity on Facebook. Through them I was able to gain an anti-suffocation pillow which I can safely says has saved my life on multiple occasions!






I attended the awards two years ago due to having taken part in an ongoing campaign named "Everyone knows Someone" ran by Young Epilepsy and fashion label River Island (here's a link to their website if you want to find out more!).

This isn't a particularly long post for such a significant event due to the fact I'm currently packing for yet another hospital stay for at least five days so I thought I'd get something down before I go in. In fact I might update it on my return!

See you on the other side x 

No comments:

Post a Comment