Tuesday 28 April 2015

Lemon Baked Chicken Wrap

Tuesday morning I woke after a drug induced sleep. Monday afternoon I'd started feeling a horrid Migraine coming on so I quickly took my migraine medicine but sadly to no relief. In fact it's working less often nowadays (makes a note to do something about that) followed in the evening by my Epilepsy medicines. Not a nice cocktail. Anyway I hate the way my medications make me feel sluggish and just generally horrible so I thought I'd whip up a healthy balanced lunch for myself to counteract some of the horrid chemicals floating around my bloodstream! :)
  
This is what I decided to make. A fresh lemon baked chicken and salad wrap. I thought I'd get a little creative and photograph the recipe of this delicious yet incredibly simple meal!
  







What did I use?
  • Chicken breast fillet
  • 1 Avocado
  • Cherry Tomato's
  • Quarter of a cucumber sliced 
  • Fresh pea shoots
  • One wrap - you can get them in all sorts of flavours, mine was just a plain white one as it was the only ones they had in my local shop! 

Firstly pre-heat the oven at about 180 Degrees C. 

Next take the chicken breast and keeping it whole 
place it onto a square of tin foil. Add any seasoning or herbs you fancy. I just popped on some of the usual salt and pepper then dribbled some lemon juice over it. 



Seal the contents in the foil by folding over the chicken and folding the sides until you have created a sort of packet. This keeps the moisture inside so the chicken doesn't dry out during baking. 


Place the packet(s) onto an oven tray and into the pre-heated oven for approximately 30 mins. Timings will differ depending on the side of the breast (oo err!) 

Whilst you are waiting for the chicken to cook why not use the time to prepare the rest of the fillings. I chose a fairly simple yet nutritious and delicious salad including cucumber, cheery tomatoes, pea shoots and my absolute fave avocado!

Chop your ingredients into manageable sized pieces that can be contained within a wrap without breaking free... 


So, the timer has beeped and now is the time to check your chicken. Always make sure the chicken is cooked the entire way through and piping hot. Nobody wants a bout of food poisoning now do they?! There should be no blood in the juices and the meat should be white through and through. 





Slice the cooked chicken and pop it onto a wrap either straight out of the oven or after it's cooled with you're other ingredients and you're done! 

One delicious well balanced meal full of protein and nutrients. Prefect. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment