Saturday 26 April 2014

Surf's up!

Today a few friends and I took a trip over to the coast on what was a decidedly grey and rainy day to take a dip in the sea. 

I know, I know.. a little crazy given it's April and here in Britain we don't exactly have warm sea waters even at the best of times let alone early in the year.


It was so, so worth it!! We all had a wonderful time with a spot of surfing, something that I haven't done in a long while, and bodyboarding an old favourite. The waves were extremely choppy and I have to admit sometimes I felt a little out of my depth both in that it was pretty rough seas and literally couldn't touch the floor being bashed by waves! 


Afterwards having eventually slithered our way out of overly tight wetsuits and covered in sand, we headed over to the local little town Abersoch and found a bar to sit down and devour a hot chocolate (with marshmallows, whipped cream and all!) 

It was a fab day and I really can't wait until next time but for now it's fleecy pyjama's and decaf coffee this evening before a nice long sleep in bed. I need to catch up on my energy or those nasty seizures will catch up with my brain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment