Saturday 19 April 2014

Nocturnal Seizure

Nocturnal seizures tend to give me the creeps the most.

The other morning I woke up with a sore face and bruised cheekbone. I'd had a seizure at some point during the night which had lead to me falling out of bed head first bumping and grazing my face around my eye. So for the past few days I've been sporting a fetching bright red carpet burn on my face for all to see. I should count myself lucky though as I hit it right in the same place where I fractured my cheekbone last year and could have easily re-fractured it. Scary thought as I distinctly remember the pain from that for weeks on end. 

I often wonder how many seizures I may be having during the night that I'm completely unaware of. For the most part I'm well aware that something has happened whilst I've been sleeping as there are clues like aching muscles and bitten tongue etc. 

Onwards and upwards though, I'm seeing my neurologist in less than two weeks so we will see what he has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment