Sunday 16 February 2014

My new physio!

My youngest sister has recently been recruited as my personal physiotherapist! 

Spending a month in hospital has stripped a surprising amount of fitness away from me. Once I was able to walk again a couple of weeks after being admitted I began taking little trips around the ward to work on my legs. I'm not allowed off the ward by myself for obvious reasons but when it comes to visiting times on a couple of occasions I have gone for a walk around the hospital so I can stretch my legs a little further. Without fail though later in evenings just that little bit of exercise leaves me very tired. It's ridiculous really how you can go from being relatively fit to finding a flight of stairs leaves you out of breath??

Now when I'm home the plan is to take a walk up and down the valley lanes where we live to work on my leg muscles and general fitness when we can. This is one of our rituals in life anyway, just ambling along talking about anything and everything. I can't wait to get back to normal again :) 

I know I have to ease myself back into everyday life again slowly so this is a good way to get back into it along with some fresh air. Obviously we will have to be careful and not over do it as the last thing I want is to get to tired to fast, have a big seizure and end up right back in hospital again..

Nice light exercise will be my best friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment