Friday 28 February 2014

Family Matters

The word "rest" is mentioned in my life time and time again. Given that it should always be at the front of my mind I try my best to shove it as far back as possible. Of course there are plenty of times (FAR more than I'd ever wish on anyone) when rest simply has to come first before anything else mainly because of seizures or medication.

I'm stubborn though and it takes the simplest of invites or ideas of something to do and I'm off. So when I was stuck in my hospital bed a couple of weeks ago and my auntie told me she was travelling down to London in the near future I immediately asked her if I could come with her for the journey and take the opportunity to visit my sister and niece. They live in a town 200 miles away from here where we both used to live with our mum, so it's not particularly easy to visit. 

We arrived back late last night from a lovely couple of days. We played in the park, went swimming, visited a friend and spent time chatting over cake in a nice little patisserie in town. Perfect. 

Recent events have certainly added to my knowledge that nothing is more important than family. There's isn't a thing that would keep me from them. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment