Monday 15 July 2013

Job interview

Gosh so much has been going on recently it's hard to keep up!

I have a job interview coming up tomorrow eeeeek! It's to become a disability support worker for university students. Although I'm "trained" in the arts, health care has always been in the back of my mind especially as a huge amount of my family are in this field in varying ways and it still comes up in conversations how my parents wonder how I never became a nurse. When my recent internship in photographic research came to an end I went to say thank you to the campus nurses who I spent rather a lot of time with due to seizures during the time. We talked for a long while and it somehow came up in conversation that I would make a good support worker and from then on it's been sitting in my mind and a very likely avenue I might go and explore while I have the chance. Low and behold a job came up, I took the plunge and decided to apply for it and bingo I have an interview! Despite having to apply after the deadline had past and with them having to specifically send out a paper application form to me to the hospital I was stuck in as well. I am SO very thankful that they took my application in despite this! 

I'm trying very hard not to become very nervous and at the moment I think I might just be making that possible but then it could well be another story tomorrow. I'm staying with family at the moment and have a 3 1/2 car journey to get there and we will be travelling back the same day too so it's going to be hard on the brain but we'll see how it goes. I'm not pinning all my hopes on this job though, I suspect there will be many applicants and people who have fear more experience than I do but anythings worth a shot! 

*Fingers crossed* 

No comments:

Post a Comment