Tuesday 30 July 2013

My very own guardian angel

I often take naps during the day for a couple of hours. It's my time to get some rest and re-set my mind for the rest of the day. At the moment things are tough seizure and energy wise and I'm sleeping in the afternoons everyday. 

I'm living with my parents at the moment because I'm needing to be constantly supervised and recently I keep waking up with one of their cats, a one year old named Kitty, sleeping beside me. She seems to know when I've gone for a nap (which to be fair is usually within the same two hour time frame every day) and she'll just sneak into where I am and curl up next to me. She always makes sure she is literally touching me as if making sure if I seize in my sleep she can feel it. I like to think she can tell I'm not feeling my best and that she's wanting to protect me :)

It's funny because I've learnt to play a game with her. When I wake up and move Kitty will wake up to and start playing around like the young cat she is but if I pretend to fall back to sleep again she will slump down wherever she is become completely still and fall back to sleep herself. Very cute indeed.





I've ALWAYS loved animals and had them in my everyday life. Without sounding too cheesy the power they have to make someone feel better is unbelievable. Pet therapy is an absolute must in life if you ask me! 

1 comment:

  1. Seizures are the only visible symptom of epilepsy. There are different kinds of seizures, and symptoms of each type can affect people differently. Seizures typically last from a few seconds to a few minutes. You may be alert during the seizure or lose consciousness. You may not remember what happened during the seizure or may not even realize you had a seizure.

    Seizures that make you fall to the ground or make the muscles stiffen or jerk out of control are easy to recognize. But many seizures do not involve these reactions and may be harder to notice. Some seizures make you stare into space for a few seconds. Others may consist only of a few muscle twitches, a turn of the head, or a strange smell or visual disturbance that only you sense.Herbal Ashwagandha

    ReplyDelete