Friday 2 December 2011

Little Inspirations

This morning greeted me with an early wakening and a beautiful winter morning. The first one we've had as the weather has been very mild for this time of year here. Blue skies, sunshine and frost covered roofs.


A couple of course mates and I went along to an artist talk to Ffotogallery last night. The talk was a walking tour given but the curator on their current exhibition believing is seeing it was really rather interesting and there was on particular image of a Korean monk that has got to be one of the most beautiful photographs I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. Plus there were also soooo many artists books on sale many of which had a massive discount, and on top of that I 'liked' the gallery on Facebook ages ago and was given a free book last night for that one simple gesture. LOVE! It's so good to be within that arty atmosphere I really should make more of a habit of it especially when I feel a little healthy! It definitely allows for a good, rich source of creative juices to flow.

This is a new addition to my room :) It's seems silly that simple things make such a huge difference... but they do and there's no bad in that! So, it's exactly what it looks like, a super handy pin board and dry wipe board. On it at the moment is a day to day time plan of what I need to try and achieve to keep on top of things to do with university work. a couple of prints that printed wrong but I still like them so put them up in a hope they conjure up some more ideas... My favourite bit though is the dry-wipe board on which I write everything I need to get done so I don't forget anything!! My life is ruled by lists and post-it notes because of poor memory so anything along these lines can help is always a massive help!

The image of a clock is something that grabbed my attention on a stand at the gallery last night. I like it a lot yet can't particularly say why. So its now on show, actually I quite like how it sits in-between everything I have to get done, It somehow makes me realise that I really don't have much time. Times ticking away and all that. That and it's an advert for an upcoming exhibition on memory that I really want to see. Have to wait until January for that though. 

I have three days now with nothing planned but to catch up on some uni work and in particular get some reading done in my many creative magazines and books :D 

Lets hope the brain power stays at a reasonable level and I actually manage to get some work done... fingers crossed! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the board!!! Brilliant!! I need to do that as my memory is poor. Taking the topomax they say has really decreased my memory..(bipolar) excellent stuff hon!!! Wish you the best in your studies!!! HUGS! I should suggest to my oldest, she is still in one more semester and school and is not very well organized and is on two meds for the epilepsy. Seems to drain her memory too.

    ReplyDelete