Friday 11 July 2014

Today I feel lucky and I thank you.

Today I feel good. My head doesn't hurt, I'm not struggling to stay awake and my brain is allowing me to walk again. Today I feel lucky. The sun is streaming through the windows. I'm lying on my bed munching grapes and sipping detox tea whilst making paper tissue pom poms for one of my closest friends wedding that is fast approaching.  

These past couple of months have been a roller coaster journey of extreme highs and the lowest of lows but things seem to be levelling out for the moment, something I am very pleased about. There have been wonderful trips to visit life long friends and dreadful confidence shredding trips to the hospital. Cooking and sharing food with lovely friends in my great new apartment and struggling to keep even the smallest morsel of food in my body. Sitting in the park in the glorious sunshine listening to world music drifting through the air from the festival in town and listening to music to try and distract myself from the bleeping alarms of medical monitors.

In a couple of days I will be travelling to visit my sister and niece who turned one a few weeks ago. I was supposed to be there as I type right now but unfortunately my seizures decided they would rather have me in hospital than enjoying time being an Auntie. It's ok though, I'm rested up and ready to play with the little toddler in the summer sunshine as of Sunday. I can't wait to hear her newly found voice in person and brush off her tiny limbs when she stumbles overjoyed with her fresh ability to run around. 

Today I want to thank every single person that I am lucky enough to have in my life. I hope someday I can repay all your life-lengthening kindnesses. To play a part in your life like you have mine. You may not know it but you're what keeps me going, what brings that next smile to my face despite everything telling me not to. 

Keep being you, beautiful people x 

No comments:

Post a Comment