Tuesday 21 August 2012

Video of my "small" seizures.


These are some of the smallest seizures I have. In fact these ones in the video are TINY... most people would see them as strange movements in my sleep but notice how they have repetitive, I chew with my mouth and take a deep breathe after my arm finishes moving. The ones in the video are subtle or weak complex partials. I also have these whilst awake, my head and eyes deviate to the right with stronger ones along with staring, blinking and more pronounced movements with the arms and mouth and i am completely unaware that they are taking place. 

This was taken while I was in hospital, the shirt over my eyes was because I had a unbelievably bad headache (chronic neuropathic pain) I was extremely sensitive to any light. I was dehydrated from not being able to eat or drink much for nearly two weeks because of the nausea brought on by the pain which is why I'm attached to a drip. This all in turn led to far more seizures than usual particularly when sleeping. My friend who is also in these cases my "witness" was the one recording the video while waiting for a tests. Literally don't know what I would do without her! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that life has been extra rough lately. It's good that you have such a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I just got out of hospital on Monday evening after 10 days, this was the afternoon I was admitted. Had many more seizures and the headache is still with me just more manageable pain wise now thankfully, just on a high doses of various more medications now... practically rattling from all the pills! Yeah she's so helpful, lovely and just generally brilliant :D Hope you're good x

      Delete